your authenticity and impact
Join us on a yearlong journey to increase your awareness, influence, and bottom line.
Bring in more clients
Enhance business development
In our year long program, participants will
- Articulate a clear vision for their practice
- Improve their ability to market internally and externally
- Assess their approach and impact when dealing with differences
- Explore the impact of their culture and social identities when interacting with others
- Learn and practice a proven framework for successfully navigating and facilitating difficult conversations
- Cultivate a supportive peer network
How it works
In-person + virtual learning
ELEVATE kicks off in February 2023 with a 1 day summit in Chicago, followed by 90-minute interactive monthly meetings over Zoom. Participants can expect a mix of learning and practice, 1:1 coaching, assessments, and fieldwork between sessions facilitated by a team of experts in the fields of Law and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Meet Your Team
Kourtney Cockrell (she/her)
Kourney is faculty at Northwestern University’s Masters of Learning and Organizational Change Program and Vice President & Regional Director, Global Philanthropy at JPMorgan Chase & Co. Kourtney has spent 20+ years working with professionals and organizations to more deeply understand the needs of themselves and others to better design processes that meet the needs of both. Her expertise is vast and includes intergroup dialogue facilitation, organizational change, and talent management.
Kelly C Weiley (she/her)
Kelly is the Founder and Principal of CoAct Consulting, faculty at Northwestern University’s Masters of Learning and Organizational Change Program, and a designer of the Leading Equity and Inclusion Certificate. Kelly’s 20+ years in consulting, coaching, and facilitation spans both the public and private sector, including government, nonprofit, education, and philanthropy. Specific areas of expertise are diversity, equity, inclusion, leadership, communication, conflict, and intercultural competency.
Liisa Thomas (She/her)
Liisa is the Chicago Office Managing Partner at Sheppard Mullin and is the Leader of the firm’s Privacy and Cybersecurity Team. Liisa is an active advocate of women and minorities in the legal industry and was honored for her leadership in the legal field by the Illinois Diversity Council. She is currently an adjunct professor in Northwestern University Law School where she is the recipient of the 2020-2021 Edward Avery Harriman Law School Lectureship.
Is this program for you?
This program is for people who
- Identify as women partners in law firms who want to explore their identities (race, class, gender, etc.) and the impact it has on their careers.
- Are interested in learning how to take their leadership and skills to the next level in their work internally and externally.
- Want to increase their impact and bottom line by more effectively engaging with difference and navigating intergroup dynamics across a range of identities.
- Will commit to attending in-person and virtual sessions and completing fieldwork in between sessions (1.5-2 hours).
Kickoff February 2-3, 2023
Kickoff Location: Chicago, IL
Monthly Virtual Dates via Zoom
Tuesday evenings 7:00pm – 8:30pm CST
- Tuesday, March 14
- Tuesday, April 18
- Tuesday, May 16
- Tuesday, June 13
- Tuesday, August 15
- Tuesday, September 12
- Tuesday, October 10
- Tuesday, November 14
- Tuesday, December 12
- Welcome Dinner on February 2, 2023
- 1-day summit on February 3, 2023 (meals included)
- Program materials
- 1:1 individual coaching sessions (2)
- 90-minute virtual sessions (9)
- Assessments (2)
Registration Deadline January 11, 2022